Help with floppy drive and acpi

From: Chris Petrik <chris0r_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:15:01 -0700
After a while of taking acpi support off my pc i decided to readd it but
when i readd it i get a error when it comes to my floppy drive it gives me
the following errors
fdc0: cmd 3 failed at out byte 1 of 3
fdc0: cannot reserve I/O port range (6 ports)
my mobo is a AMI BIOS think the make is either PCCHIPS or ECS
i tried to recompile my dsdt but i dont get any errors only 3 warnings
lucifer# iasl lll

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler / AML Disassembler version 20030619 [Sep  8 200
3]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2003 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 2.0b

   lll   730:                 Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning  2019 -                          ^ Not all control paths return
a value (_STA)

   lll   730:                 Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning  2026 -                          ^ Reserved method must return
                                  a value (_STA)

   lll  2255:                 Method (STM, 0, Serialized)
Warning  2019 -                         ^ Not all control paths return
                                  a value (STM_)

   lll  2733:     Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning  2026 -              ^ Reserved method must return a value (_WA
                                  K)

ASL Input:  lll - 2841 lines, 87134 bytes, 1203 keywords
AML Output: DSDT.aml - 10757 bytes 453 named objects 750 executable opc
                                  odes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 4 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 296 Optimization
lucifer#
so i dono what is goign on with the floppy i dono anything about aml or i
owuld try to fix my own shit ;]

-chris

Express yourself with MSN Messenger 6.0 -- download now!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_general