Re: Quo vadis, -CURRENT? (recent changes to cc & compatibility)

From: Martin <nakal_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:33:26 +0200
Am Mi, 2003-09-10 um 15.30 schrieb Michael Nottebrock:
> Sorry if this sounds a bit flame-ish, but the way I see it we now have a
> system compiler in -CURRENT that doesn't even compile a hello world if
> -pedantic is specified and breaks with lots of existing software out there

Yes. I agree on this. I would also like to have a compiler which
compiles with strictest warning settings possible, because I'm
developing on several platforms at once.

But I like gcc-3.x (for my C++ programs) very much and would like to
continue programming with this compiler, even it does not compile
hello world with -pedantic.

Wouldn't it be better to complain in a gcc mailing list? You know
exactly that FreeBSD-current is offering the most recent technologies
and _this_ is why I like it.

Martin