Re: Quo vadis, -CURRENT? (recent changes to cc & compatibility)

From: Michael Edenfield <kutulu_at_kutulu.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:41:41 -0400
* Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net> [030910 10:53]:

> In 5-current we have 3 threads libraries and want to be able to install
> and use them in parallel. So there has to be a way to specify which one.
> This is why we need the ports collection to respect the PTHREAD*
> variables. A lot of ports already do this (e.g. the GNOME ones), but not
> all.

Err, not quite.  Tried to build gnome2 lately?  :)

gnome2 depends on gnomemedia2.
gnomemedia2 depends on gstreamer-plugins.
gstreamer-plugins fails because ARTSD_FLAGS in several dozen Makefiles
includes -pthread.

The fix is a pretty simple thing:

post-configure::
	find ${WRKSRCDIR} -name Makefile | xargs ${SED} -e
"s#-pthread#${PTHREAD_LIBS}#g' -i

But of course, it's not a problem on 4.x and the ports tree's frozen at
the moment, so it will probably be a bit until gnome2 fully compiles.

--Mike