(no subject)

From: Tomi Vainio - Sun Finland <Tomi.Vainio_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:08:50 +0300

Lucas James writes:

 > It could be a power supply on the way out.  I had an old dual P-166 that
 > rebooted misterously until I took out two CD-ROM drives I wanted
 > for another
 > machine. (replaced the power supply, and refitted the CDROMS, and
 > every thing worked ok.)

We're already running this system with two power supplys.  All old
stuff is using old power and 4 new disks were attached to new one.
Because we had multiple reboots without any trace we also replaced
mother board and memory though mobo type is same as before.

Messages like these don't mean anything bad?
 > ad6: WARNING - READ_DMA recovered from missing interrupt
 > ad7: WARNING - READ_DMA recovered from missing interrupt
 > ar: Promise check1 failed

  Tomppa