Re: Bluetooth patch

From: Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:41:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hi John,

> > I have prepared Bluetooth mega patch for FreeBSD source tree. This patch
> > updates FreeBSD sources to the most recent snapshot.

[...]

> > The patch could be downloaded from
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/m_evmenkin/patch/bluetooth20030914.diff.gz
>
> I had a look at the patch and here is my comments. I haven't tried it
> yet, but I did try your latest snapshot.

good, did it (snapshot) work for you?

> I haven't looked at the man
> page markup, someone more knowledgable can do that, or it can be
> committed and then Ruslan can have a look at it when he gets time.

i tried to follow original man page style. it is possible that i missed
few minor things, but in general i think it should be fine. my plan was
to double check everything after commit and deal with the issues.

> There are lots of $FreeBSD$ changes. In a lot of the files that is the only
> change.

i see, is that a problem? i can clean up the patch and remove these entries.
(frankly i thought CVS should take care of it).

> The additions in lib/Makefile, share/man/man5/Makefile should be sorted
> alphabetically.

sure, i assume i should sort entries in lib/Makefile for
.if ${MACHINE_ARCH} == "i386" section right?

> I think libbluetooth and libsdp should be added to share/mk/bsd.libnames.mk
> and then the Makefiles should be modified to use ${LIBBLUETOOTH} and
> ${LIBSDP}
> on the DPADD lines. /usr/lib/libbluetooth.a should not be hardcoded
> otherwise
> buildworld won't work correctly.

ok, i missed that one :) thanks!

> The + after DPADD and LDADD should be removed. It should only be used when
> a Makefile have more than one DPADD or LDADD line
>
> There should not be '-L/usr/lib' on the LDADD line.

got it.

so, i hope those are minor things. can they be resolved right after commit
is done? or i must fix them and submit revised patch?

> PS. Will Julian commit it when there was a review or are you looking
> for a committer too?

Julian and Ruslan are busy at the moment. M. Warner Losh has sent e-mail
to core_at_ and asked for commit bit for me. in the mean time i'd like to
commit this and resolve all issues in time for 5.2-RELEASE.

thanks,
max