Re: bin/41071: make NO to NO_ transition patch

From: Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre-lists_at_9online.fr>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:48:20 +0200
"Bruce Evans" <bde_at_zeta.org.au> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
>
> > anyone interrested to validate and commit this PR ?
>
> I hope not.

I hope yes since this was not the past agreement.

http://tinyurl.com/3fraz
(http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=177270+0+archive/2002/freebsd-arch
/20020609.freebsd-arch)

<cite "Mike Barcroft">
In the past versions of this conversation, the general agreement is that
going forward we should probably standardize on underscores to seperate
words. So, NO_FOO rather than NOFOO. However, no_volunteer has come
forward to do the work you've described, so if you're volunteering....
</cite>

I'd volunteer w/ "Ruslan Ermilov" and even do the job.

> > it provide a patch set to change all NOFOO variables to NO_FOO.
>
> This goes in a direction that I disagree with, and it even changes all
> of the old mostly-internal variables like NOMAN.  About half of the
> 285+ files touched by it are to change the correct spelling of NOMAN
> in scattered Makefiles.

the purpose of the original thread was to convert "all" variables to one
form or another, not just some of them for some or other reason.
in one word... be consistant, it's help.
it's not my fault if only some "no conforming" variables regarding all
others are used in so many makefiles.

http://tinyurl.com/3xaq2
(http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=159784+0+archive/2002/freebsd-arch
/20020728.freebsd-arch)

PS : this patch is a transition patch, it doesn't break anything.

Cyrille Lefevre.
--
home: mailto:cyrille.lefevre_at_laposte.net