Re: HEADS UP: tar -l is now (intentionally) broken.

From: Tim Kientzle <kientzle_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 21:56:16 -0700
David Gilbert wrote:

> [2:1:301]dgilbert_at_canoe:~> bsdtar -cvf temp .bashrc
> a .bashrc: tar format cannot archive this: Inappropriate file type or format

Works here.  Which means either there's something
weird going on at your end, or something weird going
on at my end.

It's possible you managed to get it in the middle
of a cvs update, I suppose.  Try updating again
and rebuilding src/lib/libarchive and src/usr.bin/tar
and let me know if that changes anything.

Out of curiosity, what does "ls -l .bashrc" show?

Tim