5.x on a portege A100

From: Vince Hoffman <jhary_at_unsane.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:09:39 +0100 (BST)
Hi all,
	Firstly sorry for the cross post but it seemed equaly appropriate
for both lists.
	I'm rather idley trying to get 5.2.1+ to work on my toshiba
portege A100. So far no joy, 5.x will not boot. I have tried the
various boot menu options (with and without ACPI), but 5.2.1
and the latest -CURRENT snapshot I could could find on the snapshot server
both freeze at pci0, ACPI enabled says, pci0: <acpi PCI bus> on pcib0
non ACPI says pci0: <pci bus on pcib0>. I'll write down and retype the
entire output if it'll help.

	4.x (-STABLE at the mo but 4.9 and 4.10 as well) works fine with
or without ACPI (with just a few problems with the synaptics touchpad,
such as it not working on a warm reboot.)
However I would be happpy with 4.x if it were not for the fact that the
built in wireless is not supported, so i'd like to try 5.x for Project
Evil.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, either of anything i could try to
get 5.x booting or else any useful I could send to the -CURRENT list,
as sadly I have no useful programming skills to try and fix it myself.

Vince