Re: What's the status of vinum?

From: Tim Bishop <tim-lists_at_bishnet.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:50:20 +0100
On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 10:23, Darren Pilgrim wrote:
> I'm currently doing a vinum RAID 1 on a box that runs RELENG_4_8.  For
> what I do, at least, RELENG_5_2 "feels worthy" of a production box and
> I'd really like to take advantage of some features 4.x doesn't have.
> The threads on vinum/gvinum have me wondering if I should hold off a
> bit.  What's the current condition of gvinum?  How well does
> vinum/gvinum work in RELENG_5_2?  What are the features not yet
> implemented in gvinum?  My eyeballs didn't capture any URLs for a status
> page, but if someone can point me at one, that would be great.

I'm currently using RELENG_5_2 with vinum (not gvinum). It's mirroring
everything except swap, which I vaguely recall might not have worked.

I believe with -CURRENT that vinum might not work right, and gvinum
might be the only option. Then again I could be wrong :-)

When 5.2 is released gvinum should be the default, and should hopefully
be in a finished state.

Cheers,
Tim.

--