Re: Public Access to Perforce?

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:11:02 +0200
Geoff Speicher <geoff_at_speicher.org> writes:
> Please, I appreciate your position, but don't be absurd.

I'm not sure you do appreciate his position.  David Rhodus has a
vested interest in spreading FUD about FreeBSD.  He runs a company
(Crescent Anchor) that purports to sell an operating system called
FireFly, which is supposedly a commercial version of DragonFly BSD.  I
have my doubts about David's honesty, though; of the largish number of
reference clients listed on the company's web site, some ceased to
exist several years ago and at least one is a NetBSD-only outfit.
Also, the only documentation currently available for FireFly is
basically (to paraphrase Michael Palin) the FreeBSD 5.2.1 i386
hardware compatibility list with the word "FreeBSD" crossed out and
"FireFly" written on it in crayon (though to his credit, he did keep
the FreeBSD copyright, more or less)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no