Re: Public Access to Perforce?

From: David Rhodus <sdrhodus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:08:49 -0400
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:11:02 +0200, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no> wrote:
> Geoff Speicher <geoff_at_speicher.org> writes:
> > Please, I appreciate your position, but don't be absurd.
>
> I'm not sure you do appreciate his position.  David Rhodus has a
> vested interest in spreading FUD about FreeBSD.  He runs a company
> (Crescent Anchor) that purports to sell an operating system called
> FireFly, which is supposedly a commercial version of DragonFly BSD.  I
> have my doubts about David's honesty, though; of the largish number of
> reference clients listed on the company's web site, some ceased to
> exist several years ago and at least one is a NetBSD-only outfit.
> Also, the only documentation currently available for FireFly is
> basically (to paraphrase Michael Palin) the FreeBSD 5.2.1 i386
> hardware compatibility list with the word "FreeBSD" crossed out and
> "FireFly" written on it in crayon (though to his credit, he did keep
> the FreeBSD copyright, more or less)

Crescent Anchor doesn't make the claim to be a FireFly/DragonFly
support only company. We have provided support for a very large array
of companies to help them better support their existing BSD systems.

I find all this hostility towards Crescent Anchor and myself very
amusing as FreeBSD has code in its cvs tree which was development by
Crescent Anchor which was merged back into the open source community.

DES, this is very much a digression from the discussion about trying
to find a method in which FreeBSD could provide open source access to
the general public for its perforce trees.

P.S.
All of this talk is point-less, I will no longer be responding to this thread.

--
                                            -David
                                            Steven David Rhodus