Re: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

From: Kevin Brunelle <kruptos_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 11:22:43 -0400
Okay,

Replication does not look like it will be an issue.  Again, the system
panic'd while running a gl application when I was at work.  This time I
did get a core dump (but I still don't have a debugging kernel -- it was
building ARG).

Right now, I am going to disable my screensaver and carefully avoid
applications which might cause the panic again.  Once the proper kernel
is in place... then it is go-time.

If anyone is interested I am going to save the dump -- but it probably
is worth the wait (in saved effort) till I have a proper kernel in
place.  I am almost 100% sure this is due to the nvidia drivers -- I
upgraded on the 19th and never had a problem before this... that and gl
programs seem to be the cause of both crashes so far.

Kevin
--
"Down with disease, up before the dawn.
A thousand barefoot children, dancin? on my lawn"