Re: suspend/resume panic in ACPI..

From: Søren Schmidt <sos_at_DeepCore.dk>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:06:08 +0200
Nate Lawson wrote:
> Søren Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Nate Lawson wrote:
>>
>>> Try the attached patch.
>>
>> OK, that makes the box suspend alright, but neither that nor any other
>> box or laptop I've got can get out of suspend without locking up.
>>
>> If I revert just /sys/dev/acpica and /sys/i386/acpica to aug-01 both
>> suspend and resume works (sortof, it does tend to panic later on).
>> It starts failing around aug-05 and then detoriates from that on to
>> the current state of locking up hard on resume.
>> It also fails in the exact same way on non-ATA systems, so I think I'm
>> out of the loop this time :)
>
> This may be fixed now in both current and releng_5.  A logic inversion
> bug (= / !=) was causing pci irq link programming on resume to fail.  It
> didn't impact many people since a lot of systems have chipsets that keep
> power to irq links while suspended.
>
> Please test again.

There is no change, the systems all lock up hard on resume, on the two
laptops (ASUS & Acer) the backlight doesn't even come on anymore....

Again reverting /sys/dev/acpica and /sys/i386/acpica back to aug 1st
make things work (well almost, but that might not be ACPI's fault)...

This is a showstopper bug for 5.3 IMHO...

-Søren