Re: 5.3-BETA1 install floppies working?

From: David Booth <wbooth_at_austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:07:58 -0500
David Syphers wrote:

>Has anyone succesfully used the install floppies for 5.3-BETA1? When I tried,
>it wasn't able to load the kernel successfully from the kern1 floppy (didn't
>ask for the kern2 floppy, so I'm not sure what that's for). I'm curious
>whether my computer is just crazy, or if there's actually something wrong
>with the floppies (which I assume don't get a lot of testing these days).
>
>[Note to pedants: 1. yes, I know this isn't a bug report. I don't have the
>exact error handy, and I don't care too much because 2. yes, I'm well aware
>BETA2 is due out today. I'm just curious.]
>
>Thanks for the info,
>
>-David

The floppies loaded fine for me, but it would not activate any pccards
for me.
It never seemed to even apply power to the cards.  I tried with a prism2
and NE2000
card that both work fine with the install floppies from  5.2.1 Release.

Once I got 5.3-BETA1 installed, the cards worked fine there.  The
problem was
just with the install floppies.  I saw this behavior on two machines
(Dell Inspiron 5000 and Dell Inspiron 5000E) which both use the TI
1225.   I tried
it with and without ACPI.