Re: nfsd slows with age

From: Claus Guttesen <cguttesen_at_yahoo.dk>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:00:14 +0200 (CEST)
> I have noticed that on my NFS file server system the
> nfsd process
> gradually starts using more and more CPU time ...
> Stopping and restarting nfsd seems to fix things
back to
> normal.
>
> Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I'm running a nfs-server with current as of Feb. 18'th
2004, serving approx. 5 TB for some web-servers. It's
also acting as a rsync- and syslog-server. The
cpu-usage hardly goes above 10 % while doing nfs,
except when doing internal copying or rsyncing.
Longest uptime was 118 days before I took it down to
add more disks. Works _very_ solid (knock-knock) I
must say.

Are you using tcp or udp?

Claus

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan