Re: My project wish-list for the next 12 months

From: Jon Noack <noackjr_at_alumni.rice.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:50:50 -0600 (CST)
Divacky Roman wrote:
> des_at_ raised question realting to implementition of anticipatory
> scheduler..
>
> http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/r/antsched/
>
> shouldnt this be integrated or something?

I would love to see this happen.  It looks like a lot of work is going
into revamping storage for 6.x, and this would be great addition.

Dr. Druschel was my Operating Systems prof at Rice.  He was a good
teacher, quite knowledgeable, and a nice guy.  I remember talking about
anticipatory scheduling in class...  ah, fond memories.

Jon