Re: bugs in ugen.h (and fix)

From: Jay Cornwall <jay_at_esuna.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:04:06 +0000
Jamie Jones wrote:

>  Then either I lost the thread, of the thread died a death. I sent this
>  message to current, CCing Jay in the hope that it would jog someones
>  memory.
>
>  After all, I read someone moaning on slashdot that the SpeedTouch USB
>  ADSL modem doesn't work with FreeBSD - with this patch it definitely does!
>
> Hopefully Jay can shed some more light on it ?

I can indeed. I think the rest of that conversation went into private
mail, before I posted a confirmed fix and justification the following
month, beginning in this thread:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-January/017967.html

It then took a while to get somebody with CVS commit rights to respond,
which led to the submission of a PR:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/62309

And... not much happened after that, unfortunately. The PR can be closed
now if the issue is resolved on the 5.x branch.

--
Jay

http://www.esuna.co.uk/ - Coming soon, community blogging at its best!