Re: ULE always hangs, even with today's CTM bucket

From: Paul Seniura <pdseniura_at_techie.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:24:23 -0600 (CST)
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 03:01:12PM -0600, Paul Seniura wrote:
> > This is related to previous e-mail referred to in the header of this msg.
> > The previous msg contains my custom kernel and dmesg editted to show where the hang is.
> > I'm experiencing this hang only when compiling ULE into that kernel (4BSD does not hang).
> > At the point of the hang, I broke into debug manually and hand-copied the following:
> >
> > db> trace
> > Debugger(c081fbb6,4,1,0,1) at Debugger+0x54
> > scgetc(c0905aa0,2,0,c0899940,c37f9480) at scgetc+0x45e
>
> I believe your debugger trace only shows that you used
> the magic key combo to drop into the debugger.

Yeah... I saw that, too. :(
I'm hoping someone could say "what does so-&-so look like" at this point.

> I looked at your config file when you first posted it, but
> deleted that email and the mailman archive appears to not
> contain the email to which you refer.  Can you post your
> config file after you eliminate all the commented out
> devices and options and remove unnecessary comments?

They (finally) put a notice on the mailman page about the downage there.
Another place is the mail-archive.com site, which is blocked by our smart(_at_$$) proxy here. <sigh>
Fortunately MARC is not blocked (yet).
So I'm having to use MARC to go back in time.
My first post with the kernel & dmesg are shown there at:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-current&m=107531017024929&w=2
BTW MARC convolutes the 'Message-Id' field in this manner:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?i=<20040128171448.D9EA85C34%20()%20techpc04%20!%20okladot%20!%20state%20!%20ok%20!%20us>
Either one is the same msg. ;)

I know I should clean out that kernel source.
I'm suppose to keep things documented here.
I don't know how someone else would be able to keep track of what was selected and thrown out and why etc.
(everyone else uses wynderz[tm] <- my tm ;)
I'll work on it; I should try another build anyway after the weekend's deltas (~6 hours for world & kernel).

> --
> Steve

Thank you,

  --  Paul Seniura