Re: HPT374 Driver in -CURRENT

From: <freebsd_at_amarand.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:20:15 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Jon Noack wrote:

> > And RAID 0 or 1 mode supported ?
>
> The following option is needed for ata raid:
>
> device ataraid
>
> This is also "built-in" to FreeBSD (included in the GENERIC kernel).  As
> such, your configuration should work out-of-the-box.
>
> I use an HPT370A with RAID 1.  Here is the appropriate section of my
> kernel config file (modified from GENERIC -- GENERIC works as well):
>
> # ATA and ATAPI devices
> device          ata
> device          atadisk                 # ATA disk drives
> device          ataraid                 # ATA RAID drives
> device          atapicd                 # ATAPI CDROM drives
> options         ATA_STATIC_ID           #Static device numbering

So here's my follow-up question (and forgive me, as I am a bit new to
FreeBSD):

What is the best way to use the "device ataraid" kernel option while
performing a clean installation by booting off the 5.2.1 ISO CD-ROM?

This seems like a job for custom boot floppies or CDs, but I'd like the
most graceful solution.  Also, I'm not afraid to read documentation if
there's something else that I need to read!

Thanks for the great info so far!

--Sean Goodman