Re: Can't save Vinum config: No such file or directory

From: Lukas Ertl <l.ertl_at_univie.ac.at>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:15:45 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Stijn Hoop wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 05:58:32PM +0100, Lukas Ertl wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> > > after I reverted the syscons change I could build a working kernel, but
> > > something has changed in vinum, so that the volumes are not created in
> > > /dev/vinum anymore.
> >
> > I don't think that a change in vinum caused that (from when was your last
> > kernel?), but I'm gonna try to reproduce that bug.
>
> Last kernel + world were from Feb 6. Unfortunately work got in my way and
> while my work box has now completed a built from that time, it hasn't been
> installed yet, and I'll be at home for the weekend so I'd have to install it
> remotely (which is a bit icky). Maybe I can do a remote install tomorrow, but
> I wouldn't count on it, so it would be monday at the earliest that I could
> test other kernels.

Hm, I've now upgraded my testbox to the latest kernel, and I absolutely
can't reproduce that bug.  saveconfig, dumpconfig, starting, stopping,
everything works fine. :-/

You're sure the error is not located somewhere else?

regards,
le

--
Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl_at_univie.ac.at
UNIX Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073