Re: Can't save Vinum config: No such file or directory

From: Stijn Hoop <stijn_at_win.tue.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:53:11 +0100
On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 08:15:45PM +0100, Lukas Ertl wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Stijn Hoop wrote:

> > > I don't think that a change in vinum caused that (from when was your last
> > > kernel?), but I'm gonna try to reproduce that bug.
> >
> > Last kernel + world were from Feb 6. Unfortunately work got in my way and
> > while my work box has now completed a built from that time, it hasn't been
> > installed yet, and I'll be at home for the weekend so I'd have to install it
> > remotely (which is a bit icky). Maybe I can do a remote install tomorrow, but
> > I wouldn't count on it, so it would be monday at the earliest that I could
> > test other kernels.
>
> Hm, I've now upgraded my testbox to the latest kernel, and I absolutely
> can't reproduce that bug.  saveconfig, dumpconfig, starting, stopping,
> everything works fine. :-/
>
> You're sure the error is not located somewhere else?

If you could clue me in where to look? The error I see is produced by the
daemon not being able to save the configuration to disk, which as far as my
reading of the source got me. Maybe I can 'dd' the configuration from
the disk to send to you?

Maybe it's a failing disk? If so, how could I check? There are no other
messages in the syslog.

--Stijn

--
The sexual urge of the camel is stranger than anyone thinks.
He's lived for years on the desert, and tried to seduce the Sphinx.