Re: /dev/mixer doesn't work

From: Barney Wolff <barney_at_databus.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:54:59 -0500
On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 06:42:19PM -0500, Richard Cox wrote:

> I don't have any volume control on my sound card at all.  It's stuck full
> blast, and nothing will have any affect on it.  I've had this problem since I
> installed 5.2 a little over a month ago.  I've noticed one or two other
> people mention it, but never seen anything about a possible fix.  Here are
> some particulars:

At the risk of sounding silly, I'd say try the other sockets on the card,
with volume set to 50:50 - I have sometimes seen funny switching around
of what comes out where, probably having to do with 5.2 vs stereo output
settings that may not be quite right.  That is, of course, if you're not
simply plugged into the line-out port, which is not affected by volume
settings.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.