Re: The effects of WITNESS and INVARIANTS

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:38:40 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:

> I understand your concern and will take your remark as made here, and
> put it in the document as a "Nota Bene"...  And I'll emphasise the fact
> that the 5-stable fact is the turning corner for this matter.

There was recently a thread on the general topic of preparing FreeBSD for
benchmarking, which you might want to take a look at:

  http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18304

We have a lot of debugger features on, and there are a number of general
features that may adversely impact microbenchmarks.  I thought this was
getting added to the FreeBSD handbook or developer's handbook somewhere,
but Google isn't finding it...

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research