Re: How to deal with deletes between imports (suggestion)

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:38:03 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> Well, it looks like this discussion dies silently.
>
> To prevent conflicts I want to inform all interested parties that I plan
> to do it again, now with binutils libiberty (because I add
> getopt_long_only()). I plan to do it in the old way, i.e. removing from
> HEAD, unless I'll hear _constructive_ objections, explaining what to do
> with orphaned vendor files in the previous releases (in case removing from
> VENDOR instead).

I suggest someone talk to the TRB or cvs_at_ to get an understanding of our
preferred methods of dealing with the cvs tree.  I raised an objection
because your approach differs from what I think is best to reduce
maintenance overhead for future importers but if it fits some larger
FreeBSD plan, I have no problems with it.

-Nate