Re: mlx driver related kernel panic in Freebsd 5.2.1-RELEASE

From: Jonathan Weiss <tomonage2_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:21:07 +0100
>> OK, I seem to be able to get FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE to reliably panic with
>> a "panic: free: address 0xd8d5e000(0xd8d5e000) has not been allocated." on
>> the serial console when it crashes.
>>
>> I'm doing two copies of the entire ports collection to seperate
>> subdirectories when the crash occurs. It seems to do this regardless of
>>
>> The machine is an IBM Netfinity 5500 with 4 x 550Mhz P3 Xeon CPUS, 2gigs
>> of ram and a Mylex DAC1100 RAID controller. There are 6 73G disks attached
>> to channel 0 of the controller, 5 disks are in a RAID 5 array, the sixth
>> is a hot spare.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> I see the same here with my p2 400 and a Mylex DAC960PL and 5x4,5 GB HDDs.
> Installing 5.2.1-RC2 fails with the same panic.
> 5.1 worked flawlessly.
>
> Jonathan Weiss

Sorry for replying to myself, but I tried a snapshot (28/2/04) and got the
same panic. Installing 5.1 is working and until the end of january I also
had current without problems on this machine. I am not sure, but I think
that i also had 5.2.1-RC1 on this machine without problems, so the problem
may be introduced not long ago.

Thank you,
Jonathan Weiss