Re: unkillable process in physrd-sttae

From: Pav Lucistnik <pav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 19:21:22 +0200
V t, 06. 07. 2004 v 00:53, Mikhail Teterin pe:

> As I was playing a DVD, the picture stopped and everything seemingly
> froze. I was able to login from another machine and look, what's
> happening.

I see this regularly, both DVD-Video playback and reading of files off
data DVD. Workaround is to list directories and read files from the DVD,
it will unstuck blocked process too. Or, issue

# atacontrol mode 1 udma33 xxx

(in case your DVD unit is alone on secondary IDE channel)...

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav_at_oook.cz>
              <pav_at_FreeBSD.org>

Traffic collapse in Paris starts whenever a traffic light changes color.
  -- JLE at #angband