Re: Rewrite cvsup & portupgrade in C

From: Vladimir Dyuzhev <vladimir-dozen_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 11:33:48 -0400
ehlo.

>>  CVSup is a single threaded non-GUI app.

> I suggest you check your facts before posting.  CVSup is inherently
> multi-threaded and it has a GUI.

   I know that it has GUI (for some unknown to me reason). I never
   installed the GUI version though (and never seen it). I can't even
   find a reason to do so. So the GUI in CVSup is something artificial.

   Multithreadness in CVSup... well, as any "downloader" it could
   be done multithreaded (and by your words CVSup is done that way),
   and it can provide some gain, but it's not a must-be.

   So, I referred not to the way the CVSup *was* implemented, but to
   what language features are *enough* to implement it.

> I'm starting to get nervous reading e-mails from ten different people
> each with its own opinion on what the best language to write CVSup with
> would be.

   Relax. Personally I do not care what language csup/CVSup is written
   in as long I could read/change the code without reading dusty
   books. If you prefer C -- that's perfectly okay.

dozen
http://dozen.ru