Re: CVSUP and 5.2.1 RELEASE

From: Kirk Strauser <kirk_at_strauser.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:57:51 -0500
On Tuesday 2004-07-13 01:28 pm, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> And your argument here is that people are reciprocally less likely
> to hose (or as it may be: not hose) their systems because the have
> to type 27 characters more to do so ?

In this one particular case, I believe so.  I imagine that quite a few
admins are still typing "make world" because that's how they've been
upgrading their systems for the last decade or so and it usually still
works.  If "make world" failed loudly, perhaps with a firm reminder to
read /usr/src/UPDATING, maybe some of these admins would finally take the
hint.
--
Kirk Strauser