Re: CVSUP and 5.2.1 RELEASE

From: Dimitry Andric <dimitry_at_andric.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:55:26 +0200
On 2004-07-14 at 19:03:40 Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> And the fact of the matter is that any checks which *do* have to
> happen before buildworld, are done *in* /usr/src/Makefile by
> the target 'upgrade_checks'.  mergemaster -p is not needed before
> buildworld.

The only thing I can think of, which also may be the reason that it's
called 'pre-buildworld' mode, is that it checks /etc/make.conf against
the make.conf from your sources.  If any new knobs and/or options have
been introduced, you might want to tweak those first before you start
building...

Personally, I always run mergemaster -p just after cvsupping and
reading UPDATING, just to see if I didn't miss anything. :)