Re: vmnet.ko missing - but it's there! - vmware and crashes

From: Ben Paley <ben_at_spooty.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:12:29 +0100
On Wednesday 21 July 2004 17:01, Robert Watson wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Scott Long wrote:
> > > Additional ABI support: linux.
> > > Starting cron.
> > > Local package initialization:link_elf: symbol
> > > linux_ioctl_register_handler undefined
> > > kldload: can't load /usr/local/lib/vmware/modules/vmnet.ko: No such
> > > file or directory
> >
> > Is your linux.ko module out of date?  You have a mis-match somewhere
> > here.
>
> Or, alternatively, the symbols exported by the Linux emulation module have
> changed, and the VMware port hasn't caught up (or the local copy needs
> updating).  Something is definitely out of sync, needless to say, but it
> could be that the VMware module needs updating in the pseudo-vendor.

So it looks like I need to update everything (world, kernel, vmware and linux
base) before trying any harder on this... bummer. One of the reasons I
haven't done that since mid June is that my system was all in sync then (so I
thought) and I wanted to get this sorted before I started messing it all
around again...

Oh well, thanks a lot for your help. I'll get back in touch after I've found
the time to do that and it _still_ doesn't work!

Thanks a lot,
Ben