Re: Problems with interrupts on -CURRENT?

From: Markie <mark.cullen_at_dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 21:26:13 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin" <nakal_at_web.de>
To: "Markie" <mark.cullen_at_dsl.pipex.com>
Cc: "FreeBSD Current" <freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: Problems with interrupts on -CURRENT?

| Am Fr, den 23.07.2004 schrieb Markie um 21:32:
|
| > To get over the printer thing, which has done that interrupt storm thing for
| > rather a long time with me but never this bad, I used polling mode instead
with
| > lptcontrol. Something like lptcontrol -p ...
|
| Earlier, when the kernel was more responsive, i've had interrupt
| storms (lpt irq) when shutting down (only after printer has been used).
| But printing worked in normal speed (printing a page took a few
| seconds), but now it takes minutes (10-20 or so).

Yup, my printer was ok on an older current but I still saw interrupt storm
messages. Its running current just before the preemption went in and it takes
.... well..... i've never left it to try and print something put it that way.

Fortuantly I only really use the box for a print server so putting the printer
on polling mode is a quick and easy solution for me :-)