Re: GEOM fails to create ad0

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:17:44 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, Lane wrote:

> I successfully built a kernel for FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE #1 on my 8Gig
> ad2 but when I boot it my 30Gig ad0 does not appear in /dev/
>
> I boot 4.10-STABLE on my 30 Gig ad0 and am able to mount ad2, but not
> vice versa.
>
> Does anyone have information on how to trouble-shoot GEOM?

I guess a first question would be: is this a GEOM problem, or a driver
problem?  Drivers find devices and present them for use by GEOM, which
then provides storage abstraction and exposes the device via devfs.  Does
ad0 appear in your dmesg output?  If not, perhaps we're looking at a
driver problem...

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research