Re: blue term color in xorg (was: Re: HEADSUP: X.Org conversion)

From: Bryan Liesner <bryan_at_kishka.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:40:13 -0400
Daniel Eischen wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Svein Halvor Halvorsen wrote:
>

>>[Daniel Eischen, 2004-07-25]
>>
>>> The question was why are the colors different.  I failed to find
>>> an answer in any of the replies.
>>
>>Did you see my reply?
>>I gave you exactly that.
>

>  From you, yes.  From the original replies by Thomas Dickey, no.
> People don't want have to do a lot of research for an answer to
> a very simple question.  We switched from XFree86 to Xorg, and
> now xterm colors are different.  Was it expected or was something
> wrong in the switch?  "That's fixed upstream" is very vague -- does
> it mean subsequent changes in Xorg or xterm have fixed the problem?
> No, but that's how I might have taken it.
>
> Let's just end this thread since we have the answer.

You know, I asked this very same question on June 7.

<http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20040607190503.F1160>

It was ignored.

After it was ignored, I researched a bit more it and fixed it for
myself. And kept it to myself because no one seemed interested. I
replied yesterday to this thread's originator who had the same issue
that I experienced.

I told him to change color4 from DodgerBlue to something darker in his
Xresources file.  Simple answer to a simple question that no one here
seemed to want to help me with.  In other words, guys, you had the
answer yesterday.

<http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20040724111247.J26713>

I've been following this thread and I really can't believe that there
were so many replies that just didn't answer the question!

I've been using FreeBSD since the 2.0 days, quite happily, and quite
quietly.  I even shoveled my hard earned money out for CD sets to help
the cause.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the FreeBSD mailing lists used to be
about helping each other, and lately, it's a lot more of "Look how
brilliant I am."

Now let's end this thread.