Re: rtld problem with /usr partition

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 08:54:12 -0600 (MDT)
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Florent Thoumie wrote:
> 	Hi,
>
> 	I have a problem since the beginning of the week, my -CURRENT
> 	system can't boot since I have a /usr partition and dynamically
> 	linked programs are looking for /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1.
>
> 	Some programs are called before /usr partition has been mounted
> 	(sh, even mount, ...).
>
> 	I have found a workaround for that, launching a /rescue/sh,
> 	mounting /usr and replacing /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 symlink
> 	with a real copy of ld-elf.so.1, but this is boring to type each
> 	time I have to shutdown my computer.
>
> 	CURRENT is dated 07/19/2004.
>
> 	If anyone can help.
>
> 	Best Regards.

Hi,

You seem to have a pretty messed up system.  Most dynamically linked
programs in /bin and /sbin should be looking in /libexec, not
/usr/libexec.  Also, /bin/sh should be statically compiled, not
dynamically compiled.  Do you have local customizations to the src
tree or /etc/make.conf that might be affecting this?

Scott