USB Mouse not working on Thinkpad R40, works under WinXP

From: Marc van Kempen <marc_at_bowtie.nl>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:27:24 +0200
Hi,

I just bought a new usb mouse (Genius Powerscroll Eye U+P, optical
mouse), and while my other USB mouse works fine under FreeBSD -current
(about two months old), this one doesn't.

The mouse is recognized (I see the entry in /var/log/messages) and usbd
is running and forking off a moused (moused -p /dev/ums0 -I
/var/run/...). X is configured to work with sysmouse (and this works
with my other USB mouse), but both on the text console and in X the
pointer doesn't move and buttons don't work.

The hardware is a thinkpad R40, dual boots (Windows XP and FreeBSD
-current). Under Windows XP the mouse works fine, so it can't be a
hardware problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,
Marc.