Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/acpica acpi.c acpi_acad.c acpi_button.c acpi_resource.c acpivar.h

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:15:30 -0400
On Monday 14 June 2004 07:57 pm, Nate Lawson wrote:
> I think I know my problem.  I was testing using modules and so I had the
> latest changes to acpi.ko (which now don't init the table to NULL) but no
> changes to the kernel (checking for the acpi devclass).
>
> Sorry, this looks like pilot error.  I'll test the change of just using
> devclass_find() instead of also device_get_softc() and commit.

devclass_find() will succeed even if acpi0 fails to probe.  The softc is only
null if the device is attached I suppose, so even if you do
devclass_get_device() you have to check to see if the device_t's state is >
DS_NOTPRESENT.  device_get_softc() manages to do that for you in one check
since a DS_NOTPRESENT device has a NULL softc (as does a non-existent
device).