Re: HEADSUP: ibcs2 and svr4 compat headed for history

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:20:23 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <20040626.181218.21873777.imp_at_bsdimp.com>
            "M. Warner Losh" <imp_at_bsdimp.com> writes:

phk> Or could it be, just by chance, that I recognized that nobody on
phk> core (or the TRB) would have enough information to answer the very
phk> simple question:  "Is there a significant use of these bits which
phk> we are currently unaware off ?", and therefore decided to poll a
phk> larger audience ?

imp> Polling a larger audience is a necessary step in removing the bits.
imp> It may not be sufficient, however.  One large user could veto this
imp> removal if core_at_ thought it important to keep that user happy, for
imp> example.

I'd like to add that I doubt there is such a user.  However, since
members of core have replied to this thread, they are aware that it is
happening and can bring it to core_at_ to see if core_at_ feels it should
stop.  To make it clearer, I just forwarded stuff to core_at_ to see if
anybody has an objection there.  If so, we'll let you know.

Warner