Re: My planned work on networking stack

From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman_at_seekingfire.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 08:58:23 -0600
On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 11:18:34PM +0100, Andre Oppermann wrote:
>  [] update and write more documentation for the network stack and related
>     code.  (started)

Is the work-in-progress posted somewhere public? I'd like to read
through it, and patience (waiting for the finished version) isn't one of
my strong traits ;-)

>  [] move IPv4 routing to its own optimized routing table structure and
>     add multi-path and policy-routing options.  (planned)

*cheers*

OSPF ECMP (and BGP, for that matter) will be finally work.

>  [] profile (don't speculate) common network server usages overall and
>     in specific detail in depth in the network code.  (planned)

I'd like to see the results of that posted somewhere too.

>  [] write a network statistics (only local, no sniffing) gathering daemon
>     that collects vital real world IP and TCP behaviourial statistics.
>     (planned)

For self-tuning purposes, or for export to a reporting tool?

This was all great news, thanks!

-T

--
In a corrupt age, when prayers are not answered, that itself is the answer.
	Muso Kokushi