Re: fix for libpthread

From: Matt <matt_at_xtaz.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:56:49 +0000
Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> You either need to either:
>  -> update the mplayer port and rebuild it
>  -> or, send a PR to the mplayer port maintainer and tell them
>     to fix the port to respect PTHREAD_LIBS in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk
>
> It's a pain in the neck, but many ports need to be fixed
> so that they don't link libc_r and libpthread at the same time.

mplayer is fine by itself. It's something lower down that mplayer uses
during configuration/compiling.

I personally about a week after the pthread changes when several ports
had been updated and fixed used the more radical method. I did a
pkg_deinstall -a, then a rm -rf /usr/local, then reinstalled all ports I
used from scratch letting them bring in their dependancies as and when
required.

It took me the best part of a saturday afternoon but now at least I have
a nice and tidy /usr/local. Have removed all the ports that I didn't use
any longer or which were not required. And everything is compiled
against libpthread properly and there is nothing at all using libc_r. I
have confirmed this by using the sysutils/libchk port. libc_r is one of
the ones that is unreferenced by anything now.

Since doing this I have absolutly no problems or issues with anything
(including mplayer).

Matt.