Re: Jails in -CURRENT

From: Andy Hilker <ah_at_crypta.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:39:37 +0100
Hi,

You (Eirik Oeverby) wrote:

> Does this mean that the installed software in the jail is 'fixed'? I.e.

Yes. But exceptions are no problem, cause of mount configuration file.
You could easily mount all or nothing...

> installed software on host == installed software in jail? Or do you only
> r-o mount /bin, /sbin, /usr/bin, etc. etc.? I've been considering such
> an approach, and have already started making it an option in my script,
> however wether or not this is wanted depends highly on how it's
> implemented and what use you have for the jails.
> Obviously in a jail that is acting as a true 'virtual server', this will
> be less than optimal.

You are right. My needs are many virtuel systems with apache and mysql.

http://www.crypta.net/freebsd/?Sprache=en

> I'm trying to write a manpage for
> mine, then I'll pack it up and throw it up on my website. I will
> probably put together a port aswell, but I have no idea how to proceed
> with that ;)

Maybe we should put our scripts together? and publish a new enhanced version.
If many people like it and bugs are fixed we could think about making a port...
But at this time it is to little code for a port (i think) and some things
in my script are clumsy and experimental.

bye,
Andy