Re: Jails in -CURRENT

From: Lewis Thompson <purple_at_lewiz.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:17:19 +0000
On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 12:28:47PM +0100, Andy Hilker wrote:
> I think it would be better, to have jail configuration outside from
> rc.conf.
> Maybe a knob in rc.conf for ON/OFF (start, mount, devfs).
> And knobs pointing to different config files (mounts, jails, devfs,
> ...)

I don't really like the sound of this.  I get where you're coming from
but right now rc.conf is one of the wonderful things about FreeBSD.

  A friend of mine recently installed NetBSD and was amazed that
everything was configurable from a single case.

  I see why this functionality might be desirable (jails are very
specific, after all) but if this happens we might just as well put all
sorts of options into other files and end up with the mess that is
``Linux config scripts'' :)

  Tata,

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple_at_lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz_at_jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-