RE: CURRENT panics: Fatal trap 12 on atapci1

From: Trent Nelson <tnelson_at_alcyon.ltd.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:27:10 -0000
> > Rebuilt with the latest sources last night which gets past the initial
> > panic, as expected, but we're still getting bitten by not being able to
> > identify the attached drives.

> Doh! I've just tried the two sii680 cards I have in the collection, they
> work just dandy, I'm at a loss to what this could be.

As am I.  That said, I'm now getting printouts along the lines of "ata2:
ATA_MASTER (or ATA_IDENTIFY?) -- unable to send interrupt" (or something
like that about interrupts), which I didn't get before.  boot -v comes up
with ata probe errors, too.

Not sure if it could be a problem with interrupts that memio is just
uncovering?

> > I'm fed up with this card, I'm going to migrate over to a Promise
> Fastrak
> > TX2000 over the next week or two.  If you like, I can send you the SiI
> 680
> > card if you're interested in finding out what's going on.
>
> If you dont mind the cost of shipping (I'm in Denmark) I'd appreciate
> the offer as I'd like to find out if that card is just bad, or if there
> is something I can do about it..

Hmmmm.  Before I send it, I should probably try it in a completely different
box just to see if I can reproduce the fault.  Not much point you having it
if you can't reproduce it in your environment.

Regards,

	Trent.