Re: Breakage in X11 over ssh tunnel

From: Jon Noack <noackjr_at_alumni.rice.edu>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 00:58:24 -0600
On 3/5/2004 5:09 PM, Jon Noack wrote:
> On 3/5/2004 4:39 PM, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
>> Jon Noack <noackjr_at_alumni.rice.edu> writes:
>>> I just downloaded the latest non-commercial version from ssh.com.  It
>>> looks like keyboard-interactive is not available at all.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure it's supported, have you checked the docs?
>
> OK -- it worked using the GUI version.  However, it is not obvious to me
> how to get the command-line version to work with keyboard-interactive. I
> tried to create a profile in the GUI and use it with the command-line
> (using the '-F' option), but it didn't recognize a lot of stuff from the
> profile.  The '-o' option didn't recognize anything I tried.

Got it working in command-line.  The docs say keyboard-interactive is
included in the default AllowedAuthentications, but they are wrong.

<rant>
Punctuation in documentation should be *EXACTLY* the same as the program
accepts.  DON'T PUT SOMETHING IN SINGLE QUOTES IF YOU CAN'T USE THEM!!!
</rant>

C:\>ssh2 -h
<snip>
-o 'option'    Process the option as if it was read from a configuration
                file.
<snip>

C:\>ssh2 -v -o
'AllowedAuthentications=publickey,keyboard-interactive,password'
noackjr_at_example.org
<snip>
warning: Unrecognized configuration parameter ''AllowedAuthentications'.
ssh2: FATAL: Illegal -o parameter
"'AllowedAuthentications=publickey,keyboard-interactive,password'"

C:\>ssh2 -v -o
AllowedAuthentications=publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
noackjr_at_example.org
<snip>
debug: client supports 3 auth methods:
'publickey,keyboard-interactive,password'
<snip>
debug: Ssh2AuthKbdInteractiveClient: Starting kbd-int auth...
Keyboard-interactive:
Password:
<snip>
debug: Ssh2AuthKbdInteractiveClient: Sending response packet.
Keyboard-interactive:
debug: Ssh2AuthKbdInteractiveClient: Sending response packet.
debug: Ssh2Common: Received SSH_CROSS_AUTHENTICATED packet from
connection protocol.
Authentication successful.
<successful login>

Jon Noack