Re: Who wants SACK? (Re: was My planned work on networking stack)

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 10:15:53 -0500
On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 08:54:57PM -0500, Mark Allman wrote:
> On the freebsd web page, there is a note about monetary contributions.
> I wonder if it would be worth it to make this a bit more verbose and
> list specific things that are in need of funding.  So, companies can tag
> a small donation for "SACK development" and when there is enough in the
> pool it can just get done.  Would that spurn folks on a bit?

The FreeBSD Foundation is probably the organization which is
best equipped to do this:

http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/

The FreeBSD Foundation is registered as a 501(c) non-profit
organization (for non-U.S. people, 501(c) is a section of the U.S.
tax code which designates an organization as non-profit, which
gives some tax benefits).  They seem to be best equipped to receive
donations, and fund specific FreeBSD work.  These contributions would be
tax-deductible, which is one incentive to donate.

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://crodrigues.org