RE: SOLVED(ish) RE: Problem with FreeBSD (4.9-REL to 5.2.1-REL) onNForce 2

From: Lists <lists.macgregor_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:12:30 -0000
> [EC] Is there a way to install FreeBSD on an Nforce2 based
> system without
> extra network cards? I see that nvnet is a port, is this port
> included in
> the standard 5.2.1- disk? I believe that it would be
> difficult to install
> FreeBSD 5.2.1 without the extra-nic or a modem as long the driver is
> available <after> network connectivity.

AFAIK, not without having the required files for the port on a
CD/floppy/USB disk etc.

However, there is an open source (GPL) driver for the NForce2 boards for
Linux.  Somebody suitably skilled may be able to port that to FreeBSD.
Failing that I'll take a look at it in slow time and see if I can work
out how to.

--
 Rob | Oh my God! They killed init! You bastards!