Re: Ok, who broke interface autoconfiguration?

From: Andrew Gallatin <gallatin_at_cs.duke.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:41:57 -0500 (EST)
Mike Silbersack writes:

 > For the last week or two (perhaps longer, I didn't cvsup for a while),
 > I haven't been able to autoconfigure wi0 when it's inserted.  I haven't

I've also noticed problems getting a dhcp address from dhclient
over fxp (x86) and sk (amd64).

On the amd64, I'm certain that the problem happened sometime
between 5.2.1 and last week's -current.  My current workaround
is to manually edit the lease file and extend it so that it
falls back to using the lease when the dhcp server does not
answer.

My dhcp server is an embedded linux Snapgear box.  So debugging from
that side is pretty hard.  I've done almost nothing to debug this, but
its nice to hear I'm not alone.

Drew