Re: Ok, who broke interface autoconfiguration?

From: Mike Silbersack <silby_at_silby.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:20:54 -0600 (CST)
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> Mike Silbersack writes:
>  >
>  > For the last week or two (perhaps longer, I didn't cvsup for a while),
>  > I haven't been able to autoconfigure wi0 when it's inserted.  I haven't
>
> I've also noticed problems getting a dhcp address from dhclient
> over fxp (x86) and sk (amd64).
>
> On the amd64, I'm certain that the problem happened sometime
> between 5.2.1 and last week's -current.  My current workaround
> is to manually edit the lease file and extend it so that it
> falls back to using the lease when the dhcp server does not
> answer.
>
> My dhcp server is an embedded linux Snapgear box.  So debugging from
> that side is pretty hard.  I've done almost nothing to debug this, but
> its nice to hear I'm not alone.
>
> Drew

I should probably be more specific.  The problem I'm seeing is that the
interface does not get configured whatsoever; no ssid, no IP, no wepkey,
etc.  If I manually run ifconfig <etc>, all is well, so it's just
something in the scripts that is no longer working properly when a pccard
is inserted.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack