Re: mtree -L is broken due to unneded type=link additions to BSD.*.dist

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_nagual.pp.ru>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:35:48 +0400
On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 11:26:11AM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
> It does not break 'make hierarchy', unless you have uncommitted
> patches which add -L to the mtree command line.

I use documented way:
MTREE_FOLLOWS_SYMLINKS= -L
in /etc/make.conf

> The BSD.local.dist commit fixes a problem which has plagued port
> maintainers for years (as witnessed by the number of times people have
> inadvertantly committed plists that included share/nls/POSIX and
> share/nls/en_US.US-ASCII).  I committed the same patch to BSD.usr.dist
> for symmetry, since BSD.local.dist is supposed to be (very nearly) a
> subset of BSD.usr.dist.

This problem already fixed long time ago in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:

                        ${MTREE_CMD} ${MTREE_ARGS} ${PREFIX}/ >/dev/null;
\
                        if [ ${MTREE_FILE} = "/etc/mtree/BSD.local.dist"
]; then
 \
                                cd ${PREFIX}/share/nls; \
                                ${LN} -shf C POSIX; \
                                ${LN} -shf C en_US.US-ASCII; \
                        fi; \

So, none of your patches really needed even for old systems, since
bsd.port.mk is updated semi-automatically. Maybe I not so right about old
systems, so commit in the appropriate branch in that case instead. This
problem definitely not exists in -current.

--
Andrey Chernov | http://ache.pp.ru/