panic: ufs_dirbad: bad dir (5.2.1-p5)

From: Simon Barner <barner_at_in.tum.de>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 16:16:57 +0200
Hi,

I got a panic (backtrace attached) when I started my workstation today.

It seems that this is related to a problem I had ~ 2 weeks ago when my
/usr partition wasn't mounted: In that case, the /usr mount point somehow
got corrupted (``file /usr/'' said something about a bad file descriptor).

In both cases, rebooting and fsck'ing (without any error reports) solved
the problem.

Is it possible that this problem is hardware related? My hard disk is less
that half a year old, but the rest of the system is quite old (but rock
stable apart from that problem during the boot).

Any hints are glady appreciated...

Regards,
 Simon