Re: lockups

From: Jason King <jasonking_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 19:17:35 -0500
John Baldwin wrote:

>On Tuesday 25 May 2004 07:01 pm, Jason King wrote:
>

>>John Baldwin wrote:

>>>Hmm, your box has lots of issues. :-/  The $PIR table doesn't include
>>>entries for several devices on PCI bus 0, and the mptable doesn't include
>>>entries for almost all of your PCI devices.  I would first look for a
>>>BIOS upgrade.
>>>

>>Unfortunately, it has the latest BIOS on there (I tried updating it
>>before posting my original question to try to eliminate that as a
>>possibility).  Any suggestions on how to proceed?? The system does work
>>with no issues under XP (possibly a way to gather some info from that?)
>>

>Does XP use any IRQ's higher than 15?

Yes (dunno if listing them out will help any, but...):

IRQ    Bus        Type
0        ISA        System timer
1        ISA        PS/2 Keyboard
3        ISA        COM2
4        ISA        COM1
6        ISA        Floppy
8        ISA        CMOS/Real time clock
9        ISA        ACPI
10        ISA    MPU-401 MIDI
11        PCI    NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management
11        PCI    USB Controller
12        ISA    PS/2 Mouse
13        ISA    Numeric data processor
14        PCI    nForce2 ATA Controller
15        PCI    nForce2 ATA Controller
19        PCI    Kingston EtherRx Ethernet Adapter (if_dc)
19        PCI    Radeon 7500
20        PCI    nForce Audio Codec Interface
20        PCI    USB Controller
21        PCI    USB Controller
22        PCI    nForce MCP Networking Controller (if_nv)